!!! IMPORTANT INFO FOR SELLERS !!!
During AviMarkt Europe, enthusiasts can wander for hours along the many, legally permitted, birds that are offered for sale.
In addition to the huge collection of tens of thousands of birds, many supplies are also offered for sales, such as books, cages, lighting and food. The various special clubs – such as those of the shape and size canaries, zebra finches, Japanese gulls and parakeets – are also present.
The delivered birds are strictly controlled. If the birds do not meet the required conditions, they will be refused at the entrance. Also, there are two veterinarians present throughout the day, who keep a close eye on everything. Runners are not allowed at AviMarkt Europe. Birds must be offered for sale in proper cages and the cages must not be overcrowded. This is strictly monitored.
ALL BIRDS AND CAGES IN AVIMARKT-EUROPE MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- There is always freshwater and / or fruit available for the birds. The diet must be adapted to the type of birds.
- There is enough food available for the birds. This must be visibly present, preferably in containers.
- Health: Sick, damaged or injured birds are not allowed. Dead and sick birds must be removed immediately.
- Birds of prey, owls, quail and baby parrots are not allowed. Some birds are only allowed under certain conditions.
- European birds and their hybrids must be closed ringed. This ring needs design and diameter, under the nature conservation law.
- Guidelines that the cages must comply with:
- Cages must be clean, complete, equipped with sufficient perches and appropriate for the type of bird kept indoors.
- Cages must NOT be on the floor!
- Selling from transport cages is not allowed. Transport cages are only allowed for transport.
- The height of the cage must be sufficient. The bird must be able to stand/sit on the perch. (As stated in the rules of the NBvV).
- About two birds per cage, the size of the cage should be adapted to the size of the birds. For show cages there is an exception, then the following conditions apply.
- Standard show cage; maximum 4 birds, up to the size of a colour canary.
- Large show cage: up to 4 Neophema or birds of the same size.
- If you are not using show cages, our quality inspector will determine whether your cages are allowed.